Delta's intelligent Building Management and Control System (BMCS) was recently installed at the Xuanwu Hospital in Beijing China, which is an affiliate of the Capital Medical University and a municipal comprehensive hospital with a Grade 3 Class A rating. The hospital gracefully fuses diverse functional entities into its building complex, such as: medical treatment, teaching, scientific research as well as disease prevention, health care and rehabilitation. With a total construction area of 80,000 square meters, the first stage of its rebuilding and expansion project covers the Health Care Building (11 floors above ground and a 3-level basement), the China International Neuroscience Institute (9 floors above ground and a 3-level basement), and other ancillary buildings (2 floors above ground and a 3-level basement), for an estimated total investment of 1.5 billion RMB.
For this expansion project, Delta implemented its BMCS with the following subsystems: cooling/heating (chillers and air-cooled heat pumps), central air-conditioning (AHUs and MAUs), ventilation and exhaust, public lighting, elevators, and water supply and drainage. In addition to these monitoring and control subsystems, the project also incorporates two special subsystems: an air-purification subsystem and a medical gas subsystem, for an impressive total of 5,500 control points.
Delta's BMCS has placed all the cooling and heating equipment under monitoring and control. Cooling towers can be operated through remote control for optimized operation and management, while lowering energy consumption and maintenance work loads. For a central air-conditioning system with high energy consumption, further optimization can be achieved by automatically regulating its workload in real-time, according to outdoor weather and current demand. This not only keeps the indoor temperature and humidity within a preset range, but also confers ambient comfort to the medical staff and patients. This can improve the efficiency of the automated control system and extend the equipment service life. It results in better energy savings and ensures optimized equipment operation for improved cost benefits. For the hospital's lighting system, Delta has installed a public lighting monitoring and control system for more convenient operation and management.
Delta's BMCS offers a high degree of integration for diverse applications, and has the following features:
1. The L-WEB integrated building management software is a full building management platform with integrated multiple systems that include: 1) a monitoring and control system for building equipment, 2) an intelligent lighting system, 3) a statistical system for energy consumption, and 4) BACnet and LonMark routing and switching devices. Our primary controllers, the L-INX Automation Servers, support BACnet/IP, BACnet MSTP, Lon/IP, Lon FT-10, Modbus TCP, Modbus RTU protocols, as well as DALI, KNX, M-bus, OPC, Wi-Fi, EnOcean and diverse network protocols such as SNMP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, Telnet, VNC, and more.
2. Low cost: Easy management, low maintenance and low operation costs.
● Auto-diagnostics: Supports controller hardware troubleshooting, embedded software fault diagnosis, and network failure troubleshooting.
● Multiple control modes: Local or remote control. Supports mobile phones and other mobile controls.
3. High adaptability: Fits a broad variety of scenarios in multi-building and architectural spaces.
● Supports unified management for multiple buildings by cross-building and cross-regional operation.
● Supports any free topology with its versatile interface technology accommodating ring, star, and bus types of networks at the same time, to meet complex architecture demands, while lowering network installation costs.
● Supports simultaneous connections using both network cable and twisted-pair cable at the same time, satisfying full IP requirements for all modern buildings.
Delta's BMCS provides stability in all aspects of its performance and ensures hospital equipment is running at its best, while maximizing system operation efficiency.