We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather concerning the applicants of our job openings (“you” or “applicant”) for management and recruitment purposes. y
This Policy describes the following:
- the application of this Policy;
- the types of personal information we process;
- the purpose of the processing personal information;
- the disclosure of personal information;
- transfer of personal information;
- your rights with respect to your personal information;
- data retention period;
- protection of your personal information;
- contact information..
2. The Application of this Policy
This Policy applies to applicants’ personal information and to the use of that personal information in any form – whether oral, electronic or written.
This Policy gives effect to Delta Electronics’ commitment to protect your personal information and has been adopted by all of the separate and distinct legal entities that manage, operate, franchise, own and/or provide services to various Delta Electronics’ legal entities. Those entities include Delta Electronics (Netherlands) B.V. and its direct and indirect subsidiaries, including but not limited to, Delta Electronics (Switzerland) A.G., Delta Solutions (Finland) Oy, Delta Electronics (France) S.A., Delta Electronics (Poland) Sp.z.o.o., Delta Electronics (Czech Republic) spol.s.r.o., Delta Electronics Solutions (Spain), S.L., Delta Electronics (Italy)S.r.l., Delta Electronics Europe Limited, and all of the separate and distinct legal entities that own the individual Delta Electronics properties worldwide. References to “Delta Electronics”, “we” and “our” throughout this Policy, depending on the context, collectively refer to those separate and distinct legal entities, including the entity with which you have or may have a job application relationship.
Your personal information will be processed by the entity with which you have or may have a job application relationship with for the purposes set out in section 4 below. Your personal information may be disclosed to the other entities listed above for recruitment administration purposes, as further described in section 6.
While this Policy is intended to describe the broadest range of our personal information processing activities, those processing activities may be more limited in some jurisdictions based on the restrictions of their laws. For example, the laws of a particular country may limit the types of personal information we can collect or the manner in which we process that personal information. In those instances, we adjust our internal policies and/or practices to reflect the requirements of local law.
3. The Types of Personal Information
The term “personal information” in this Policy refers to information that does or is capable of identifying you as an individual. The types of personal information that we process (which may vary by jurisdiction based on applicable law and the nature of the position and duties you applied for) include (but is not limited to):
- your curriculum vitae (CV) with your and/or a referee’s name and telephone number, your gender, home address, date of birth, photo image, marital status and the like;
- residency and work permit status, nationality and passport information;
- previous working experiences, including date of hire, date(s) of promotions(s), work history, technical skills, educational background, professional certifications and registrations, language capabilities, training courses attended, driving license, driving history or special vehicle operation qualifications;
- letters of appreciation and commendation,
- where permitted by law and proportionate in view of the function to be carried out by the applicant, the results of credit and criminal background checks, the results of drug and alcohol testing, screening, health certifications;
- information required to comply with laws, the requests and directions of law enforcement authorities or court orders (e.g., child support or debt payment information);
- information captured on security systems, for example, your image captured by Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) during your visit to Delta Electronics’ offices;
- voicemails, emails, correspondence and other products (for example, Skype, Line, Lync, Wechat) and communications created, stored or transmitted during the recruitment process;
- your login information and IP address while you use on-line application;
- any other data that you input during the application process or job alert creations;
- any other relevant data that is necessary to comply with Delta Electronics’ purposes.
Much of the personal information we process is information that you knowingly provide to us. However, in other instances, we process personal information that we are able to infer about you based on other information you provide to us or during our interactions with you, or personal information about you that we receive from a third party using a process that we have informed you about. Upon written request we will provide you with information from who we receive your personal information, the source of information, and whether your personal information is acquired from public.
There may be instances in which the personal information that you provide to us or we collect is considered Sensitive Personal Information under the privacy laws of some countries. Those laws define “Sensitive Personal Information” to mean personal information from which we can determine or infer an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, membership in a trade union or professional association, physical or mental health or condition, genetic data, sexual life or judicial data (including information concerning the commission or alleged commission of a criminal offence). We only process Sensitive Personal Information in your jurisdiction if and to the extent necessary and permitted by applicable law.
If you agree to this Policy you are, to the extent required under local law in some jurisdictions, granting your expressly and written consent to the processing of any personal information that you provide Delta Electronics that is considered to be Sensitive Personal Information (as described above) or is considered to be financial information.
4. The Purpose of Processing Personal information
We will process the personal information to the extent necessary for the recruitment process, for compliance with a legal obligation, pursue the legitimate interests of the Delta Electronics and/or on the basis of your explicit consent. When you press submission button on the recruitment page, you are granting your explicit consent to the processing of personal data to the extent required.
Depending on the respective country and applicable laws, we may collect, use and disclose personal information concerning applicants for the following purposes:
- administering and managing all aspects of the applicants’ recruitment relationship;
- sending updates about new job opportunities;
- evaluate applications for employment;
- protect the safety and security of Delta Electronics’ guests, staff and property (including controlling and facilitating access to and monitoring activity in secured premises and activity using Delta Electronics computers’, communications, and other resources while interviewing);
- investigate and respond to claims against Delta Electronics, its staffs and its guests;
- comply with applicable laws (e.g., health and safety), including judicial or administrative orders regarding individual applicants;
- Conduct applicant opinion surveys.
Should you be successful in your application, you will be provided with a further privacy statements which will provide you with details of how your personal information will be used and protected when you are a Delta Electronics’ employee.
There are Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras in operation within and around Delta Electronics’ premises and factories. The captured data at a Delta Electronics’ office during your visit for an interview, depending on the respective country and applicable laws, used to the extent necessary for the following purposes:
- to prevent and detect crime;
- to protect the health and safety of Delta Electronics’ guests and staff;
- to manage and protect Delta Electronics’ property and the property of Delta Electronics’ staffs, guests and other visitors; and
- for quality assurance purposes, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
5.Disclosures of Your Personal Information
5.1 General In order to carry out the purposes outlined above, information about you will be only disclosed for the purposes set out above and only to human resources staffs, line managers, heads of business, legal representatives, consultants, advisers and other appropriate persons in our legal entities and offices to the extent required.
5.2 Legal Requirements We reserve the right to disclose any personal information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to retain personal information collected and to process such personal information to comply with accounting, tax rules, regulations and any specific record retention laws.
6. Centralized Data Processing Activities – Data Transfer
Like most international businesses, we have centralized certain aspects of our recruitment data processing and human resources administration in accordance with applicable laws in order to allow us to a better manage of our business. That centralization may result in the transfer of personal information from one country to another. For example, some personal information concerning you will be transferred to and processed by servers located outside the European Economic Area (EEA), such as the United States of America, England, Finland or Taiwan.
If you are being considered for a position with a Delta Electronics legal entity or an affiliated business in a different country, some personal information concerning you will be transferred to the country where the job opening is located. With your consent personal information concerning you may also be transferred to managers and/or human resources staffs of Delta Electronics affiliates in other locations in accordance with applicable laws in order for them to be able to contact you with respect to applying for a different position. The jurisdictions to which the information will be transferred may or may not have laws that seek to preserve the privacy of personal information. However, whenever your personal information is transferred within Delta Electronics, your personal information will be processed in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Policy and applicable laws.
When we transfer your personal information to a country outside the EEA that is not considered by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection to your personal data (e.g. Taiwan) we will only transfer your personal data after having executed standard contractual clauses providing for appropriate or suitable safeguards with the date importer. Upon written request you can obtain a copy of the relevant standard contractual clauses from Delta by sending an email to the email address mentioned in section 10 (firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. Your Rights with respect to Your Personal Information
7.1 Right of AccessWith some limited exceptions, you may inquire about the personal information we maintain about you by sending us a written request by email to the address set out in section 10 below. Please be sure to include your full name, current (or last) job application with Delta Electronics and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and the personal information we maintain about you. We may not disclose data that you are not entitled to receive under applicable laws (e.g., data revealing information about another individual).
7.2 Right to correct, delete or limit/stop You may request that we correct, delete or stop processing, personal information that we hold about you on legitimate grounds by sending an email to the address set out in section 10 below. If we agree that the information is incorrect, or that the processing should be stopped or limited, we will delete or correct the information. If we do not agree that the information is incorrect, we will tell you that we do not agree and record the fact that you consider that information to be incorrect in the relevant file(s).
7.3 Right to file a complaintYou have the right to lodge a complaint with local Data Protection Authority you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes with the applicable privacy regulations.
Right to withdraw consentFor personal information that we process on the basis of your explicit consent please be informed that you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time in writing, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
7.5 Right of data portabilityYou have the right to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Furthermore, you have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from Delta Electronics, where (i) the processing is based on consent and (ii) the processing is carried out by automated means.
8. Data Retention Period
Delta Electronics wishes to remain in contact with you should any future vacancies appear that Delta Electronics consider a good fit for your profile. For this purpose, Delta Electronics will store your personal information for a period of one year. If you agree with this policy by pressing submission button, you hereby explicitly agree that Delta Electronics can store personal information you have provided for a period of one year in order to contact you of any future suitable vacancies.
9. Protecting Your Personal Information
The personal information we collect from you is stored by us and/or our service providers on databases protected through a combination of physical and electronic access controls, firewall technology and other reasonable security measures. Nevertheless, such security measures cannot prevent all loss, misuses, hacks, or alteration of personal information and we are not responsible for any damages or liabilities relating to any such incidents to the fullest extent permitted by law. Where required under law, we will notify you of any such loss, misuse, hacks, or alteration of personal information that may affect you, so that you can take the appropriate actions for the due protection of your rights.
10. Contact information
If you have any questions about this Policy, about the processing or your personal information as described herein, or any concerns or complaints with regard to the administration of the Policy, or if you would like to submit a written request for access to the personal information that we maintain about you, please contact the Delta Electronics at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All requests for access to your personal information must be submitted in writing email. We may respond to your request by email or any other suitable method within one month.